Why Motorway Lessons?
Driving on a Motorway differs from driving on ordinary roads in that traffic moves faster and puts a greater demand on a Drivers skill and overall awareness. Although Motorways are statistically safer than other roads, when travelling at Motorway speeds a Driver needs to be more alert and be able to make safe and sensible decisions much earlier than on normal roads.
A Motorway may have three, four or more lanes, and Drivers must be especially aware of the importance of their use and function. To a newly qualified Driver the Motorway may appear daunting and beyond their capabilities but Systematic Instructors are experts in this field and will build up your Motoring skills to the high standard necessary enabling you to drive on the Motorway with safety and confidence.
Motorway Lessons Cover
- Condition of the Vehicle before Driving on a Motorway
- Condition of the Motorway, Weather and Volume of Traffic
- Motorway Signs and Signals
- Forward Planning and the Effective Judgement of Speed
- Joining the Motorway
- motorway driving
- Leaving the Motorway
- Night Driving on a Motorway (Optional)
- Seeing and Being Seen
- Early and Effective All Round Observation
- Defensive Driving
- Making Progress
- Lane Discipline
- Changing Lanes
- Emergencies on the Motorway
How to book
To Book any of these Courses or for more information, please contact us on Freephone 0800 61 62 71